Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My newest quilt for my newest niece

I am so excited that I am about to have another niece. Yay. She is due any day now and I just finished her quilt last night. I told her we are now ready for her to come and she should go ahead and come on out because her lovely new quilt is finished. :)


 I love how it turned out. Aren't all those bright colors great? I made this from the Curiosities line by Nancy Halvorsen for Bernatex. It will go great with the purple curtains in new baby's room.

I love the back, too.



The quilt was my own design and the piecing came together easily. But, this was the first one I have ever free motion quilted. It took a little bit to get the hang of it and to get all the settings right, but by the end it was going smoothly and I was happy with the way it turned out. There will likely be more in the future.





1 comment:

  1. I am a quilter and love this. I haven't had much time for quilting. I did finish a baby quilt recently that I started in Feb or March.

    I have enjoyed looking around your blog. I would love to see future sewing project of yours.

    ReplyDelete