Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Greenstyle Lacy n Lane and How to Line a Hood


My daughter had "brown day" at preschool last week. You know, they learn all about the color brown, everyone wears brown, etc. Well, believe it or not, she had nothing to wear that was brown. So of course, Mommy had to sew something up. 

I made this Lacy and Lane Hooded Tee from Greenstyle Creations* and I love it. She still loves pink so we added pink cuffs to the brown shirt. It even has thumbholes, which she is into right now. 


I made the shirt with the high-low hem from the pattern and I think it's adorable. I love the length in the back. It looks great with leggings. 


I also modified it a little to include a lined hood.It's a little hard to see in the pictures, but its a jersey knit with a flower print. This is one of my favorite parts of the shirt.

If you want to line your hood, here is how I did it.
  1. Cut the main fabric out as normal. 
  2. Cut the lining fabric using the same hood patter, BUT cut 1/4 inch off from the front edge. This way the lining stays to the inside.
  3. Sew hood pieces together and sew lining pieces together as per instructions.
  4. Pin lining to hood along front edge RST and sew in place.
  5. Turn right side out and press. When you press, make sure the lining is just slightly inside the seam.
  6. Baste hood and lining together at bottom edge.
  7. Sew hood to shirt, treating hood and lining as one.
That's it. Easy peezy. And you have an extra cute lined hood. Plus you didn't have to hem it. :)



Get your Lacy and Lane pattern here*!

(Affliate links are marked with an asterisk. I may get a small commission if you purchase through this link. Thanks for supporting my blog!)

3 comments:

  1. I love the pop of the floral pattern amongst the brown. It looks great! Your daughter is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top & the lining makes it so fun!
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete