Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Greenstyle Lacy Hooded Tee

It's been quiet around here, so I wanted to show you another shirt I made that I have been wearing all the time. This is the Lacy Slope Hooded Tee from Greenstyle Creations. Now I know that leggings are kind of "in" right now, but it is surprisingly hard to find a shirt that is decently long enough to reasonably wear with leggings. I don't think it just me, right? And I 5'2, so I don't know what people do who are actually tall! Anyway, that is why I love this shirt.




This Tee is so comfy I have been wearing it all the time. It's nice and long and slouchy, so it's great with leggings or skinny jeans. And the hood and thumb hole cuffs make it extra cozy. 

I made this one out of some kind of lightweight jersey knit fabric that was on the clearance table at my local Hancock. It worked great for this, although it was not the easiest fabric to work with. I think the stripes were printed slightly off grain. Blah! I think this would be great in a sweater knit. Or almost any other knit fabric. 

Some notes about fit:

  • There are three different lengths available within this pattern, "original", "intermediate", and "tunic" length". I made the "intermediate" length, but rather than curving up in the front, I cut it more or less straight across the front because I wanted to keep the length there instead of doing the regular "hi-lo" thing. And so, don't worry taller ladies, there are directions for cutting it even longer than this! And I love that it covers my rear!
  • As always, pay attention to your measurements and the size chart. This one tends to run big. I made my normal size XS, even though my measurements were a little smaller than those listed in the chart, so I knew that this one would be a bit bigger. I love the slouchy fit it made, but you could certainly adjust the size to make it a bit more fitted. 
Also check out the girls' version I made my daughter here.

And you can purchase this pattern here
(This is an affliate link. I only recommend and partner with patterns and companies I love. I may earn a small commission for items purchased through this link. Thanks again for helping support this blog.)


No comments:

Post a Comment