Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Girl's Undies

If you asked me a year or so ago, I probably would have said I would never make underwear. Crazy, right? Well, I came across a few good patterns for underwear for the kids, and thought, what the heck. They are easy to make, especially if you are making several pairs at one time. And, the best part, they take so little fabric. If you ever wonder what to do with those knit scraps, here you go. Anytime you are making a project with knit, you can probably eke out enough scraps to make some underwear. And my three year old thinks its cool to match her underwear to her outfit.

These were made with the Classic Panties and Camisole pattern from Peekaboo Patterns (affliate).
They fit great, very close to ready-to-wear sizes. But the best thing about sewing them yourself is that you can customize the fit. So for my skinny little girl, I can make them narrower while keeping the length/rise that she needs.

Check back tomorrow for the boy's undies I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment