Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine's Shirt

In the spirit of the holiday, I wanted to sew up a Valentine's Day shirt for my girl. I found some cute fabric with hearts and made a quick raglan tee. And when I say quick, this shirt literally took 30 minutes to make, even including printing and cutting. It's got to be one of the fastest things you can sew. Gotta love that. So if you have waited until the last minute to make up a shirt for your kid, this is the way to go.


Pattern: Grand Slam from Peekaboo Patterns (affliate)
Fabric: Solid Magenta Cotton/Lycra from Purple Seamstress, heart fabric from Spandex World

It's a good thing this was not an intense project, because this three year old has her own ideas about what she wants to wear and she decided she did not want to wear this to our Valentine's play date last week after I hurried to finish it. She says she will wear it to her preschool party, though.

I didn't make the boy anything for Valentine's Day, because he is old enough to think that is dorky. But I am planning on making him one for St Patrick's Day.

Check back tomorrow to see what I made for me for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment