Monday, March 2, 2015

Evergreen Jacket by Hey June

Today I get to tell you about another brand new pattern - the Evergreen Jacket* from Hey June handmade. You are going to love this one!


This jacket is so comfy I want to wear it everyday! Seriously! I made this one in a mid-weight sweatshirt fleece and it is perfect for spring. It can be made with any stable knits or even a stretch woven fabric. It is so stylish with the asymmetrical zip and the collar. And those handy pockets make it practical to wear all the time. The top-stitching gives it a really professional touch as well. All of this is included in the clearly written instructions. All your friends will wonder where you bought your awesome jacket!


Now, I also have to admit that jackets have been one of those things that kind of intimidated me when it comes to sewing, and so I have not made one before. I mean, look at all those pieces! And the zippers! But, it really came together so nicely and certainly wasn't as difficult as I thought. It does take a little more time that just sewing up a shirt or something, but now I have something that I will wear even more often. Like, almost every time I go outside. :) And if you want to try your hand at sewing jackets, this is a great one to start with, since it is unlined and made with that stable knit fabric that sews up easily.

The instructions are very clearly written, and I have discovered that I really like the digitally illustrated pictures that Adrianna uses in the instructions. She uses these carefully and clearly illustrated pictures instead of photos so that you can see exactly what you are supposed to be doing in each step. 

Of course, be sure to read the size chart and choose your correct size based on your measurements, so that you get a great fitting jacket. 


To check out all the other details, see other versions, and to buy your pattern, check it out at Hey June Handmade*.

(Affliate Links are denoted with an asterisk. I may get a small commission if you purchase through these links, although it will not affect the cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog.)

5 comments:

  1. What are your thoughts on sizing? Did it fit TTS? It looks great from the front and maybe a smidge generous from the back. I didn't know this pattern existed but now I'm kind of obsessed. Thanks for linking up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, TTS. I made a Small, which almost exactly matched my bust and hip measurement. Of course, fabric choice makes a big difference. This one was sweatshirt fleece, but it was actually pretty lightweight and thin for a fleece. I made a muslin out of regular, anti-pill fleece and it fits comfortably, but is definitely more snug than this one.

      Delete
    2. Also, length could make a difference. I am petite at 5'2, but I didn't remove any length. I like it the length it is, but it's longer on me than the intended design. It's designed to hit higher on the hip. Some of the extra fabric is from the extra length on me. Hope that helps. It really is a great pattern. :)

      Delete
  2. Did you lengthen the bodice at all? Yours looks like it ends a bit lower than the other ones I've seen made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make any changes at all, but I am petite (5'2), so it's actually a bit longer on me than designed. Hope that helps.

      Delete