Saturday, March 14, 2015

St Patrick's Day Girl's Tee

Last time I shared with you the St Patrick's Day Tee I made for the boy. Today I am going to show you the one I made for my girl. 


I made this one using the Jalie 2805 tee shirt pattern. This pattern is definitely a go to. I debated buying it at first because it is a little pricier than some of the patterns I buy, but it has been so worth it. First of all, it has all the sizes from toddler 2T all the way to a Women's size 22. I can use the same pattern for both her and me and it looks great on both of us. Plus, I like that there is no gap in the tween sizes. This pattern would truly fit all the way from toddler to adult. And, of course, it is a great-fitting basic tee shirt with many options. It comes with options for several different necklines, including crew neck, v-neck, henley, and mock turtleneck, as well as options for cap sleeve, short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, and long sleeve. You can see why I use it so often, right? In fact, I think she is going to need a few more for spring and summer. 


I made hers with the same green jersey fabric as her brother's. (She loves that they can match.) I chose the t-shirt with a crew neck and cap sleeves. I love the feminine look of this one, especially with the cap sleeves. She is skinny and most t-shirts look boxy on her. I didn't make any modifications to this one and I love it. (The neckline looks a little wonky in these pics, but I promise it's not really. I think she was pulling on it and I forgot to adjust it before taking pictures. Oops. And of course, I didn't iron it after she had been playing in it all day.)

 I did another freezer paper stencil with paint on this one. I chose a design with a bit more interest because of the plain solid color tee. But it's just as easy.

And then I asked her to make a "leprechaun face." Apparently that's what this is. 


Details: Pattern Jalie 2805 Women's Tee Shirts
Fabric: Laguna Jersey in Grass

No comments:

Post a Comment