Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Christine Haynes Sylvie Dress

Well, the blog has been a bit quiet this summer, because, you know, kids, life,... but I have been working hard on a few things I have to show you.

Summer is a great time for parties and it just so happened that I have several bridal showers and weddings to attend this summer, so I was in need of a few new dresses.

 The first one I made was this Sylvie Dress from Christine Haynes. 


All of Christine's designs are classic and timeless. So when the Sylvie dress pattern came out recently, I thought this one would be perfect for summer weddings and parties.


I made view B of the pattern, which includes piping and a straighter skirt with darts. However, I did give the skirt a bit more of an a-line shape by giving it a gentle flare from hip to hem.


I kind of love this dress. The fit is great. Other than the flare of the skirt, the only change I made was the standard-for-me 3/4" swayback adjustment. The fabric is a cotton poplin from Art Gallery which I picked because I really love this muted blue-green color.


Stay tuned. I have a few more dresses to show you for all those summer parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment