Monday, August 17, 2015

Kitschy Coo Lady Skater

Well, it's been the summer of party dresses and I have a few more to show you. This one is the Lady Skater Dress from Kitschy Coo and it's another win. 

It's a knit dress with a fitted bodice and flared, skater-style skirt. I love the way it's nicely fitted at the bodice, and the waist seam brings it in and defines the waist, which works really well for me. The neckline scoops just low enough, but wears comfortably. Even with lots of movement I never felt like it was revealing anything it shouldn't.


 The fabric I used was a ponte fino, the same type I used for my Davie dress (blogged here). I liked it so much I got more. The ponte is a rayon-heavy blend that makes it really soft, has a great drape and a subtle sheen. It's easy to sew and can be dressed up or down.



I made only minor tweaks to the pattern. I shortened the bodice by an inch, which is normal for my petite self. And I cut the sleeves off at elbow length and didn't use a band (pattern includes cap sleeves, 3/4 sleeves, and long sleeves). I didn't have to do a swayback adjustment, which I often do. All told, I think this is a great pattern for my body type, and probably most others.


I love that this style will go easily from day to night to weekend. I would wear this all the time. By the way, these pictures were taken after I had been wearing the dress an entire day. An entire day while I chased toddlers, ran around, laid down, and did all kinds of other things. And it still looks pretty good.


I made this dress with plans to wear this to a rehearsal dinner coming up. But I know I will be wearing this a lot more. I envision wearing it all the time. Work, church, date night, and even everyday wear. By itself in the summer and with a cardigan and boots the rest of the year. With the right accessories, it can go anywhere. Do I sound excited about this one? Well, I am. I heard all the hype about this pattern for a while, but now I get it. I want to make a few more in other fabrics, too.

Fabric: Navy Ponte Fino


7 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful dress, really suits you:) thanks for describing the fabric composition you chose to sew with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress! I have this pattern, but I forgot about it. Adding it my back to my fall sewing list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had this pattern for a long time, too. But now I am so glad I sewed it up.

      Delete
  3. Great dress! I have this pattern, but I forgot about it. Adding it my back to my fall sewing list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so chic! I've heard nothing but good things about this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! It is a great pattern

      Delete