Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Handmade Animal Costumes Part 3

I tried my best to fit all these costumes into just a few posts, so I have one last one for you today.

Dove:



 Details:

Hat - Snow Day Hat from Peekaboo Pattern Shop* in Gray Fleece with added details in fleece and spare buttons
Wings - In felt. To make the wings, I measured each child's "wingspan" from the base of the neck to the wrist. I cut a large piece of gray felt into a semi-circle with this radius. Then, I cut rows of feathers in white, cream, and gray felt by cutting each row into semicircles 4 inches across and overlapping each row by two inches. I used a hand-drawn feather template to cut feathers into each row. Circles of elastic secure the wings at the shoulders and wrist.

Owl: 

 Details:

Hat - Snow Day Hat from Peekaboo Pattern Shop* in Gray Fleece with added details in fleece and spare buttons
Wings - In felt. Made in a similar manner to the dove in orange, cream, brown, and yellow felt.


Mice (2 costumes): 



 Details:

Shirt - Jalie 2805 Girls T-shirt in Gray Cotton Lycra from Purple Seamstress with appliqued fleece
Pants- Lollipop Leggings from Peekaboo Pattern Shop* also in Gray Cotton Lycra
Hat - Snow Day Hat from Peekaboo Pattern Shop* in gray fleece and knit scraps





 Details:

Shirt- Jalie 2918 Boy's Tee Shirt in Gray cotton lycra with fleece applique
Pants- Essential Sweats from Peekaboo Pattern Shop* in gray fleece
Hat - Snow Day Hat from Peekaboo Pattern Shop* in gray fleece and knit scraps


And that's all! Which animal costume was your favorite?


Let's be friends! Would you like to keep up with what's going on with me and the blog? Find me on FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest.

You can also follow me on Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment