Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Duds for Dudes - A Blog Tour with Mabel Madison Fabrics



Do you sew for the Dudes in your life? I admit that I don't sew for them as much as the girls, but I should! They love the things I sew for them. I'm so glad to be here on the Duds for Dudes blog tour with Mabel Madison because it was the extra push I needed to finish this project for my little dude (who is not quite so little anymore.) 





One of the challenges that I face with sewing for the guys is that my guys tend to like their clothing to be very simple. They are not into being trendy or unique. My guys are simple and practical. But, if I am going to sew something, I want it to be a bit unique and creative. My solution is to add small bits of fun elements to a garment while keeping the overall look simple. 


The fabrics at Mabel Madison are always amazing. They are so soft and easy to work with. I got this solid gray Stenzo jersey from Mabel Madison (available here) and paired it with a really fun cotton poplin print with magicians on it (available here). (I was given the jersey for free for this review and blog tour.) My son is into magic right now, both the slight-of-hand variety and the J.K. Rowling variety, so I thought this print was a fun little addition to the shirt.

My little man love the shirt. I'm told it feels like an expensive golf shirt, so I will count that as a win. It really does feel super soft and perfect for this polo shirt. The cotton print not only adds just enough extra fun, it also makes the collar and button placket a little easier to sew than a knit.



The shirt is from the Parachute Polo pattern by Oliver + S. I love all the Oliver + S patterns because they give such a nice professional result. This shirt is no exception. I made the size 7 shirt with a little added length for my boy, who is almost 8, but lean through the torso. It fits great but he will be able to wear it for a while (I hope). I love the details like this little side vent at the hem.





What do you think? Do you sew for Dudes? What challenges do you face?

Check out all the other stops on the tour for more dude inspiration.



Mabel Madison is really thrilled to host a week-long blog tour focused on sewing for BOYS! Every day this week, you'll have a chance to visit with a few of our friends and see what they have made for their boys. Check out today's other stops on the tour:





Let's be friends! Would you like to keep up with what's going on with me and the blog? Find me on FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest.

You can also follow me on Bloglovin




2 comments: