Friday, April 22, 2016

Me Made May 2016

Well, it's nearly May and every year during the month of May sewists, knitters, and other creators challenge themselves to wear their handmade garments. The challenge is meant to be an individual one that you set for yourself and it is intended to be set at a level that is challenging but attainable. Each person is encouraged to make their own pledge in whatever way they see fit.

me-made-may'16




Last year, I participated sort of informally. I made a non-specific "I'll try to wear more handmades." I did wear more, but I did not have enough homemade clothing to wear every day, so I didn't get much further into it. By this year, I have a lot more clothing that I have made and that I like to wear often, so I am going for it this year.

Here is my pledge for Me-Made-May 2016::

 I, Amy, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade item each day for the duration of May 2016

I don't normally wear my handmade every day, so this will be a little bit of a challenge, but not a huge one. To make it a little more challenging, I want to take it a little further.

I further pledge that I will wear all handmade garments (not including shoes, socks, undergarments, or accessories), at least two days each week.

This will be a bigger challenge for me. It will take a bit of effort to pull off that second part. Mostly because I don't have a lot of handmade bottoms like pants and skirts. Something to remedy before next year, for sure. ;) 


I can't promise that I will post pictures of all my outfits. I am not good at the daily outfit photo. But I will try to post a few updates. Be sure to follow me on Instagram, as that is where I will most likely post updates and outfit photos


I enjoy Me-Made-May because it gets me thinking more purposefully about my handmade wardrobe. What are the things I actually wear? What things to I want to wear that I don't have handmade? Are there holes in my wardrobe? (I already know I need more handmade pants.) It also gets me thinking about how to style all those items I have made. I also enjoy the community of makers out there who share in this challenge. I love seeing all your handmade outfits!

Are you participating in Me-Made-May? Make your pledge here.


Let's be friends! Would you like to keep up with what's going on with me and the blog? Find me on FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest.


You can also follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment