Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Megan Neilsen Sudley Blouse

Megan Neilsen Patterns just released their newest pattern - the Sudley Blouse and Dress

Actually, the pattern was released last Friday, and I intended to have this post ready to go Friday or Saturday. But, you know, things get busy, so I am a few days late. But, I still wanted to show you this cute blouse. 







The Sudley pattern includes a loose fitting top, either cropped or hip length, or a dress with a gathered skirt. It also includes a keyhole opening with optional ties, an optional peter pan collar, and several sleeve lengths. I made a hip-length blouse with the collar and short sleeves (essentially version 1 with the sleeve of version 2). Since it is a loose fit and does not use darts for shaping, the Sudley works best in fabrics with a lot of drape, like this polyester crepe. One of the most interesting parts about this pattern is that the front and back are reversible. So you can wear the keyhole opening in the front or back!




The Sudley is also a versatile layering piece. It is great on it's own or under a sweater or cardigan. I love the little collar peeking out under a sweater!



I got to test this pattern and it was my first time testing for Megan Neilsen. I have to say, it was a great experience. I appreciate that she didn't rush through the testing process. The final pattern is excellent and very professional. A few very minor changes were made after I sewed up this version. The neckline was lowered about 1 cm to give a more comfortable fit, and I believe the keyhole was made a tiny bit smaller, so as not to be too revealing when worn in the front. 




There you have it. I hope you enjoyed seeing this blouse. To see more versions of the Sundley blouse, search #MNSudley on Instagram and check out the pattern tester roundup on the Megan Neilsen blog.

Pattern can be found here: Megan Neilsen Sudley Blouse and Dress
Fabric can be found here: Moda Crepe Bird Print


Let's be friends! Would you like to keep up with what's going on with me and the blog? Find me on FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest.

You can also follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment