Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pattern Emporium Skater Skirt

 I'm so excited to be taking part in Pattern Emporium's first ever blog tour. 




 Pattern Emporium has tons of cute patterns that are great staple pieces for both kids and women. I previously sewed up the Little Honeybuns shorts for my daughter (check them out on the Mabel Madison blog here), and they have now become my staple pattern for making her shorts.

It was tough to decide what I wanted to make for this blog tour since Pattern Emporium has so many pattern designs that I want to make. I ended up deciding on the Ladies Skater Skirt




The Skater Skirt is slightly outside of my comfort zone since it's a fuller skirt than I normally wear, but I actually love it styled with a fitted tee and heels. It's perfect for Sunday brunch or a backyard party. 

The pattern is a simple style, but it includes so many options. I chose to make the version with the shorter length, trimmed pockets and an elastic waist, but there are also options for longer length, no pockets, hidden pockets, finished waistband, and several different zipper or button closures. 


For the fabric, I chose a lovely cotton voile from Art Gallery. I think the colors and the floral print pair perfectly with this skirt. Once I started to assemble the skirt, I decided to add a lining because the voile was slightly see-through. I cut and sewed a second skirt in cotton lawn without pockets and then basted both skirts together at the waist before attaching the elastic waistband.






Check out what these other bloggers are making on the Pattern Emporium blog tour:
Let's be friends! Would you like to keep up with what's going on with me and the blog? Find me on FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest.


You can also follow me on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE this whole outfit!! The skirt fabric is beautiful and I love the pink trim on the pockets. The waistband is blue coloured elastic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Abbey! The waistband is navy blue elastic. It's a 2 inch waistband elastic from Riley Blake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello i always trying to find new kind of blog as like you wallyandfrace, keep doing well and you have done good work on this post...Hoverboard Price In India | hoverboard online

    ReplyDelete