Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Megan Neilsen Reef Pajama Set

I haven't yet gotten a chance to share this pajama set I made this summer. This is the Reef Camisole and Shorts Set from Megan Neilsen Patterns, which was just released a few months ago. They are my new favorite jammies!


I love that these look elegant and beautiful, yet they are so comfy. They are just a bit sexy, but everything that needs to be covered stays covered. The crossover back is a genius design that keeps the straps in place. The pattern also comes with options for shorts with a slightly longer hem and pockets! I made version 3 (shorter shorts with no pockets). 


I made these in a black rayon challis. The challis works perfect for this pattern. It has great drape and a bit of a sheen which I love. It does wrinkle a bit, which I worried about when I chose the fabric, but it turns out it does wrinkle as much as I thought it would and it actually doesn't bother me. 

I modified the pattern just a little by removing 1/2" in length from the shoulder straps (both front and back). Luckily I made a muslin, which I definitely recommend, because the construction of the straps and yoke would make this modification difficult once you start sewing. I am quite a bit shorter than the designer drafts for, so this wasn't a surprise. I also brought the width in at the top 2 inches of the side seam to eliminate some armscye gaping (this is an easy modification to make after pattern is sewn together, though.) 



I love that since I started sewing, my pajama drawer is much nicer than it used to be! And more comfortable!

Let's be friends! Would you like to keep up with what's going on with me and the blog? Find me on FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest.


You can also follow me on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment